When things are uncertain (and consistently uncertain at that!) it’s really hard sticking to your good habits but it’s even harder getting back on track when you’ve been shoved sideways.
Illness, family illness, finances, job insecurity, the global economy, climate change… all of these things have the ability to totally derail the best of habits. In recent times (and I’m referring to the Pandemic that shall not be named because we’re all epically sick of the C-word by now) any kind of habit building or even maintaining has been really difficult with everything being like a freaking rollercoaster.
The thing is, we can’t wait for ideal circumstances. They don’t exist. All we can do is keep trying.
On that note, here are 5 tips for getting back on track when you keep getting shoved sideways.
Here’s what I chat about in this episode…
• Pinpointing what’s important
• Letting go of lofty goals for the time being
• Setting fire to Mondays and the First Day of The Month and starting right now
• How a recent study showed that contrary to popular belief Monday is the worst time to start something new
• Releasing what’s not working
• How 3 criminals escaped from Alcatraz and how their story will help you achieve your goals
• Realising that just because it’s not perfect doesn’t mean it’s not helpful
• How progression exist outside of perfection
This month’s bonus is The Anytime Goal Getter Plan – it’s designed for you to pick up any day, any time, any month, and just get started on your goals. You can grab that by becoming a Patreon at Patreon.com/veryexcellenthabits.
If you love the podcast, I’d love you forever if you left a review. You can leave reviews in the following places.
Apple, Spotify, Podbean.
Oh and also you should subscribe to my newsletter. No one has unsubscribed to it in three weeks, so it’s probably not total garbage. You can sign up here.