It was a Friday afternoon a few weeks ago when I got a notification that my mate Kate from Secret Blogger’s Business had tagged me in a post on Facebook.
A blogger friend of ours Vanessa from Style & Shenanigans had featured a dress in her fashion roundup that week and it was just about the Smaggliest dress Kate had ever seen. She was dead right. I frantically clicked the link, hoping it would tick all my boxes.
- Shift style dress (works well for me because I’m tall and kind of rectangle shaped)
- Smaggle turquoise coloured (not essential but a nice bonus to get an on-brand coloured dress)
- High neckline (I’m not a big fan of showing my cleavage)
- 100% cotton
- Fully lined
- Large-scale print (I had my colours done years ago and I’m ‘high contrast’ which means big bold patterns work well for me)
- On sale for $89 dollars
- From local indie Aussie designers Jericho Road clothing
- Adorable name (It’s called The Daryll Braithwaite Dress because ‘We’ll go riding on the horses yeah, yeah!’)
I carefully measured an existing dress I had and compared it the measurements on the website. I could have gone for a size 14 but they firmly suggested sizing up so I did and got a 16 and it’s just perfect. There’s no stretch at all in the dress, so you need a bit of extra room. I couldn’t believe it when I tried it on how perfect how was. That almost never happens when I buy things online.
This dress has been in my life for about ten days and I’ve worn it for maybe five of those days. I had a woman stop me in the street and tell me how gorgeous she thought it was. I normally do fashion tips on a Friday at Smaggle but today, I’m just showcasing a damn good purchase.
This outfit was worn for a day of client work, a jaunt into the city to buy some yarn for a new Crochet Coach pattern I’m working on (it’s a boxy little kimono jacket and I’m super excited about it!). This weekend we’re off to spend some time at Mr Smaggle’s family farm on the NSW coast and a few days in Sydney for some client meetings. We’ve got a big drive tomorrow but we’ve got snacks, downloaded podcasts and I’ll make a Thermos of coffee before set off. I bloody love a good road trip.
What are you up to this weekend?